Thursday, October 17, 2013

Week 4 with Braces

Yesterday was officially my 4th week in braces, although I feel like I have had them forever already.  I am pretty much totally used to them at this point.  They no longer feel "weird." However, I do feel like I have to concentrate when I'm speaking and talk more slowly because they kind of give me a lisp. 

The only thing I am noticing is that a different tooth is sore every few days.  Last week when bit into my toaster strudel for breakfast my front top right tooth wiggled like it was loose and it hurt! Same thing happened at lunch when I bit into an already cut, bite-sized piece of sandwich - loose/wiggly and sore.  The loose sensation freaked me out, I have felt soreness/pressure before, but never this loose feeling.  I called my ortho's office and they said it was normal and should firm up within a few days.  She said to watch for red/inflammed gums or a bad taste in my mouth.  

So that front tooth did get better after a few days, next it was my lower right-side molars and a few days later it was my lower left-side molars.  Currently my upper left-side molars are sore.  It sucks because it's making me go back to a softer diet and I am hungry all the time but it hurts to chew.  

On the bright side of things I have noticed movement in my teeth.  


This pic is Day 1 with braces.  You can see the wire is bent a lot along my top teeth.  Also, my second teeth are much higher than my first and third teeth. 

This picture is from yesterday, Day 28 with braces.  You can see the wire has really straightened out and those second teeth have moved down a lot!


Also wanted to add some pics of my face/profile:

This is me forcing my lips closed. You can see there is still even a little hole in my lips.  And its kind of hard to tell in this pic, but my chin is puckered from pushing my lips closed.

This is at rest, my mouth hangs open due to my bite

Left side profile forced closed

Left side profile at rest
  Right side profile forced closed
Right side profile at rest

Smiling :-)

And this is just a closer look at my mouth.  That little opening is still there even when I'm trying to keep my lips shut.

At rest

Smile


No comments:

Post a Comment